Wednesday, June 19, 2019

I Don't Know Why You Say Goodbye, I Say Bhola

My album!  Besides using the principles of CRAP (as explained below the bulleted items), here is what it all means: 





  • I wanted to convey a catastrophic event that is in the past and I found this picture of the Bhola Cyclone, the deadliest tropical cyclone disaster on record, which occurred in India in 1970.
  • I was inspired to use a telescopic visual and since I have lived for four decades, hence the four pics of my face peeking out inquisitively, and for each I used a different filter for each decade in order to five an overall feel to the recollection of that time in my life.  (Happy to report I feel clearer than ever about who I am and where I want to go in life.)
  • I used a play on words by juxtaposing the trope "Goodbye Cruel World" with a word I hope people will readily associate with the Spanish word for 'hello': hola.
  • The Have NOTS is just a cool name that my friends and I tossed around one particularly festive evening long ago in College Station.
  • I prefer muted, flat blue colors to include the merlot-like color of the font.  I also chose an inside-joke of letter-boxing the album because unlike 98% of people I know and love, I prefer to watch movies in widescreen mode.  (Judge if you must)

Contrast: The pic of a field full of deceased livestock should pull the initial glance, and a somewhat hopeful and scenic pic of yours truly should provide contrast.
Repetition: Achieved by the same pic arranged 4 times in an accordion fashion.
Alignment: The last letters of both spots with text are lined up, and I did not align my picture to the left purposely so as to project forward movement; again- the past is behind me and I'm looking off into the distant (and very bright) future.
Proximity: All text is on the right side of the album to offset the space left by the bottom pic not being to the farthest left of the album.


Another life goal met only in my imagination!  *High Five!*. Thank you Dr. Thompson!

No comments:

Post a Comment